Purpose of the Role
The Print Marketing Manager will define and communicate our client’s value proposition to a business audience in the UK marketplace. Working closely with Product Management to understand the current and future roadmap, the Print Marketing Manager will craft a compelling story that shapes who the product / service is for and why they would buy it from our client. The role is expected to define and shape the proposition and implement marketing programs that support the communication of the proposition to each audience.
- Value proposition – the Print Marketing Manager will craft a compelling and simple value proposition that fundamentally address what we should communicate to the target audience and detail the reasons as to why they should buy the product from our client or a partner of our client.
- Market requirements – the role will work closely with Product Management to ensure the needs of specific audiences are included in the roadmap for future our client’s products and services. Using a marketing model to qualify and quantify the business opportunity.
- Product messaging document – the Print Marketing Manager will own the messaging document that illustrates the value proposition in a simplified and compelling fashion to all stakeholders required to communicate to customers.
- Channel – The Print Marketing Manager will work with print resellers and partners to develop quarterly marketing plans and initiatives
- Sales enablement – working closely with sales the Print Marketing Manager will deliver a set of high quality and innovative sales tools that help the client’s B2B sales team communicate the proposition to the customer. The role will support the delivery of sales training materials to the UK B2B sales teams ensuring that value propositions are rolled out consistently and effectively to the team.
- Marketing programs –Working with the Campaigns and Channel teams the Print Marketing Manager will define and implement marketing programs that deliver the proposition to each audience. The programs could be across the marketing communications mix ranging from PR, Influencer, Digital, Social or Channel / Event programs.
- Budget – the Print Marketing Manager will manage the bottoms up marketing request on a quarterly basis, collect and prioritise requirements for marketing programs and quantify each program in line with the value based analysis framework of the marketing team.
- Customer understanding –The Print Marketing Manager will have a deep understanding of the audiences within the enterprise, small and medium business – ranging from the new buyer and to Information Technology Decision Makers and Business Owners / Lines of Business. The role will utilise this deep understanding and create compelling value statements and key messages for each of the client’s Product and Service.
- Simple & compelling communications – the Print Marketing Manager will build key messages and product and solutions value propositions for the client’s Enterprise Print Portfolio. Mapping key messages for each product and service to each of the enterprise audiences and stakeholders that make up the enterprise buying and support ecosystem. Key skill of the IM Marketer will be to take complex technical information and make them simple and compelling to each audience.
- Creative disruption – the role will work with the Campaigns team to create and execute effective marketing programs that help the UK Enterprise Business Marketing team build and deliver marketing communication campaigns. The marketer will operate across the marketing mix and use innovative and creative marketing communications tactics to take the message to market. The role will constantly challenge the status quo and utilise innovative tactics to design effective marketing programs.
- Act with purpose – the Product Marketing team supports sales in the communication of the client’s value proposition to the target audience and major partners. The role is expected to join and support the sales process and understand that sales teams are the key customer. The role delights in the delivery of effective marketing programs and has a passion for delivery of campaign that increase sales results.
- Product Management – working closely with Product Management to define and optimise the product value proposition, the Product Marketing team will craft the materials that communicate the proposition to sales. It is expected that the Product Management team will be a key customer in the process and be expected to approve each of the propositions and have input to the proposition.
- B2B Sales – the Print Marketing Manager will support the sales team as their key customer delivering compelling and high quality sales tools in time to support the sales process. The role will work with sales on the marketing requirement each quarter and deliver marketing programs that help the teams exceed or met their targets.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Degree or similar qualification in a marketing or business related discipline
- Five to seven years’ experience working in high performing marketing teams within the Print, enterprise software or technology sector
- An understanding of mobile would be preferred
- Experience of working reseller partners
- Detailed experience delivering marketing programs in the enterprise print industry working at a local level and effectively communicating value propositions with local stakeholders
- A proven track record of building compelling marketing programs that deliver growth to a complex set of enterprise stakeholders
- Solid experience of budget and project management
- Presented frequently to executives to gain widespread support for marketing programs and initiatives to seek investment that delivers growth
- Ability to handle multiple internal and external stakeholders in order to successfully deliver on key projects
- Ability to translate product features to user benefits on technical products
- Ability to multi-task and project manage large projects with short time-scales
- Strong team working skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A can do attitude
Job Type: Full-time
- B2B Marketing: 2 years