We have an opening for a Coding Coach/Tutor in Birmingham for our client, a global technology company. This is an immediate opportunity for a motivated individual with some teaching and mentoring experience and a passion for motivating teams to deliver an excellent level of service to the general public. Basic knowledge of digital technologies will be an asset for this position.
Join an exciting new opportunity to work with a careers, business and digital skills initiative in Birmingham.
Our client aims to help businesses and the general public learn new skills. The project is in partnership with local government, and with private and public sector industry groups and will give local businesses of all shapes and sizes access to free digital skills training and mentorship ranging from individual consultations to training seminars and events.
Are you a smart freelance coder and developer coach living in Birmingham?
We are interested in hearing from you if you are a digital or business coach with some mentoring and retail experience. We are hiring a small team of Birmingham based coaches who are passionate about helping small businesses in their community. You will have all-round knowledge of key digital issues affecting society. You will need good communication skills and must be available from May 2017 onwards.
We will be holding an Open Day in Mid-May 2017.
Please note it’s part of the interview process and you will be able to ask further questions about the role.The successful candidates will receive 3 days training by a consultant and then join the team to deliver workshops . The aim is to help equip the general public and businesses with the digital tools and marketing tips to make a difference to their business.Training modules will cover: Web Design and Build, Learning to Code, Google Adwords- Social Media- Analytics- Online Video- Google Tools and much more.
Requirements: You must be a UK or EU resident and eligible to work.
All candidates must have a good understanding of digital technologies. You will be presentable and available to work between June 2017 and December 2017.
Job Type: Contract
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- Coaching or mentoring: 2 years
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Attention to detail
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- coding and software development: 2 years